The CV Writing Process
Step 1: Facts Gathering & Strategy Development
The process commences with a thorough review of your unique career background and strengths together with your career objectives.
In this step, we will identify and highlight essential career aspects.
1) Understand your professional background to best express them across your CV.
2) Uncover your areas of expertise to increase your ATS score
3) Discover the industries your expertise is best suited for as well as your regional and international exposure to improve your chances of being headhunted.
4) Bring out your strengths such as your professional work ethics and communication skills so that you can “level up” in your career and be considered for better-paying positions.
Step 2: CV Development – Key Focus Areas
Harnessing a methodological, step-by-step approach, we will work on the following focus areas:
1) Perfect your Professional Summary Statement.
The professional summary is the first impression the Recruiter or Hiring manager has of you and will determine if you will be shortlisted or if the recruiter/HR will continue reading your resume. It is a must to have it done as perfect as possible. We will spend time discussing with you to perfect your Professional Summary.
2) Perfect your areas of expertise to improve your call-to-interview rate.
• Citing the correct soft and hard skills can differentiate you from other candidates
• Using proper keywords can help you get through applicant scanning software
3) Go into details on Key Contributions for your previous employers.
We will work to emphasise your key contributions and quantifiable achievements so that your experience can be reflected more effectively.
Step 3: Review & Finalisation
During this stage, we will review the prepared document(s) in close consultation with you, and make any final changes. As the CV is a very personal document, we always ensure that the tone and language used reflects the individual.
Your CV has been completed, and you are ready to score interviews!